One thing is certain, sulfate-free products are the holy grail of hair care. Whether a naturalista or relaxed beauty, the major key is maintaining a balance of moisture and protein levels with your hair strand. Consistency and proper product selection is the name of the game, Queens! The PINK® Shea Butter Coconut Oil product line includes improved ingredients; eliminating mineral oil, petrolatum and sulfates, which have been known to cause dryness in hair whether natural or relaxed. PINK® continues to evolve to meet the needs of today’s woman, and is more than a color, it’s a way of life – your life.
Developing an understanding what your hair needs is essential on the journey to healthy hair or maintain healthy hair! Whether you are starting a hair care regimen or re-evaluating your current one, the state of your hair and scalp will dictate what methods you use to cleanse your hair. The million-dollar question is probably what you’re asking now, “How often should I shampoo?” Understandably, as we have all been drilled with ‘wash, lather, repeat’ for our entire lives. Traditional shampooing too often can lead to additional dryness and damage, due to harsh detergents in certain shampoo formulas for sudsing and the friction caused by rubbing. One solution that strikes a perfect balance for many women is co-wash with a cleansing conditioner! It’s a great alternative for ridding your hair of product and environmental residue while leaving all the “good stuff” behind. Co-washing cleanses with natural essential oils, botanicals and extracts, it never strips your hair or your scalp.
PINK® Shea Butter Coconut Oil Detangling Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner is free of sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, petroleum, isopropyl alcohol and propylene glycol. Follow these simple steps for optimal results:
- Rinse hair until thoroughly. The water loosens the debris, making it easier to rinse out.
- Squeeze out a healthy amount of Luster’s Pink® Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner enough to coat strands from root to tip. (remember you’re cleansing, not just conditioning)
- Massage into the scalp and distribute evenly through the ends to help break down oils and remove residue from styling products.
- Allow it to be absorbed for three to five minutes, longer if your hair is particularly dry or damaged.
- Rinse, dry and style as usual.
Buildup from sweat, oils, styling products, and conditioners is inevitable and often a warning sign that it is time to clarify the hair and scalp with PINK® Shea Butter Coconut Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo. Free of sulfates, mineral oil, petroleum and isopropyl alcohol, this clarifying shampoo will allow your tresses to better absorb the moisture needed to maintain healthy hair.
Keep in mind:
- If your scalp is very oily, co-washing regularly may not be for you.
- Don’t be afraid to use a lot; dime-size and quarter-size amount aren’t a good idea when it comes to co-washing.
- It’s okay to shampoo; just because you’ve decided that co-washing is a great cleansing process for you, doesn’t mean you can’t use a gentle shampoo from time to time.
- Always use conditioner afterwards, period.
Stay up-to-date by signing up for our PINK® Email List. Our newsletter includes exclusive styling tips, new product sneak peaks, upcoming events and contest info.